Beautiful Victorian building circa 1869 which began as the Village Catholic Infant school run by the nuns.
The school closed around 1965 and was owned by Anne Elizabeth, 14th Baroness Herries of Terregies (born 2 June 1938); (Married 1985 Michael Colin Cowdrey). She was the daughter of Henry Fitzalan Howard, 15th Duke of Norfolk and Gwendoling Mary Herries, Baroness Herries of Terregies.
Lady Anne resided and owned the Estate and Everingham Hall – the building was sometimes used for small village meetings and the local women’s institute. However, the Estate was sold off in 1980 and in March 1988 was gifted to the village.
The Hall retained its charm and magic and the local villagers are very proud and maintain the grounds, maintenance and meet every month to socialise.
he hall facilities include full AV equipment and this includes;
- DLP HD Projector with 1080P HDMI interface
- Twin radio mikes
- Stereo PA – can be used outside if required
- Blue ray player
- LED party lighting
- Additional AV equipment rental for any occassion – POA
- External Power supplies
- External LED flood lighting
- External seating including gazebo
Capacity for seating:80
Capacity for standing: 120
Fully Licensed Bar with bar stools and small tables and chairs
Capacity for seating: 24
capacity for standing: 30