Built in 1993.
Mainly metal framed, metal exterior cladding. Inside breeze block walls.
3 Badminton courts. Sports Hall and disabled showers/changing.
Small Hall capacity approx 100. Kitchen-server off.
Outdoor changing & showers for Soccer.
Upstairs viewing balcony. 1 large l-shaped room cap – 100.
1 smaller meeting room
In 1884, the growing community of Anlaby, concerned about the long distance, particularly small children who had to walk to Kirkella School, decided to build a school in Anlaby. In 1885 the new school opened it’s doors to girls and infants, but boys over seven years continued to walk to Kirkella. The mixed school or Anlaby Church of England school, as it became known, continued in existence for over 60 years and then in 1938 the building was converted on the Church Hall of St Peters.
Nearly another 60 years passed by before the hall was leased to the villahe of Anlbay and the Management Committee strived for some further 5 years to improve the Hall for the benefit of all members of the Anlaby Community. Then in 1999, the management committee secured a grant of £25,660 from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council and a further £47,500 from the National Lotteries Board.
A further grant was obtained in 2003 for £41,800 from the WREN (Waste Recycling Enviromental Ltd) which enabled a passageway to be contructed between the foyer and the Small Hall, the toilet entrances be moved from the Large Hall to off the foyer, the provison of disabled access toilet and the construction of a large store off the Main Hall.
The Hall acheived Hallmark 1 recognition in September 2010.
Barmby Moor Village Hall is a timber framed ex-army mess hall, bequeathed to the village in 1930.
It is situated centrally within the village that has a regular bus service to Pocklington, York and Hull.
Over the years the hall has undergone various modifications which include a brick kitchen; double glazed windows; steel cladding on the roof and sides of the building; disabled toilet; upgraded radiator heating system; thermal lined curtains; redecoration throughout. There is a small enclosed garden to the rear with car parking for ten vehicles alongside the premises.
The hall has Hallmark 1 and 2 status, plus being a member of the East Riding Association of Rural Community Buildings (ERA of RCB).
Bishop Wilton Village Hall is a fantastic multi-purpose facility nestled at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds. It is a central hub for both the local community and broader recreational, educational and corporate use. The hall is eco-friendly and can cater for a variety of needs, from small formal meetings to events for 100+.
Built in 1942 as a concert hall/cinema for the personnel at RAF Catfoss the building was given to the village in 1952 by the Mewburn Family. Since then successive committees have maintained and run the Hall and in 1995 it was registered as a charity.
Since 2012 the Hall has been extensively refurbished which included the installation of new toilets, ceilings and heaters and redecoration to all areas. The Main Hall is 29 metres long and has a permanent stage which makes it an ideal venue for parties, conferences, theatrical productions, fitness sessions, archery, bowling and much much more!
Built in 1933 and gifted to the village by Arnold Reckitt.
It has 2 Queen Anne gables at the front. A large hall with a lovely and recently restored maple floor, appreciated especially by the dance groups that use the hall. A new, excellently appointed, modern kitchen which has been installed along with a new heating system. In addition lavatories have been upgraded, windows re-glazed and the hall decorated. The hall is proving to be a popular venue for a variety of activities as well as being a party, wedding reception and event venue.
Established 18/01/1984 – Red brick, single storey building with a large car park. Disabled access & a large hall with a small equipped kitchen.
Accessible toilets, showers and changing rooms.
Storage space of the hall consists of a large loft area with lighting and ladder access. Central heating and an opened beamed roof.
Beautiful Victorian building circa 1869 which began as the Village Catholic Infant school run by the nuns.
The school closed around 1965 and was owned by Anne Elizabeth, 14th Baroness Herries of Terregies (born 2 June 1938); (Married 1985 Michael Colin Cowdrey). She was the daughter of Henry Fitzalan Howard, 15th Duke of Norfolk and Gwendoling Mary Herries, Baroness Herries of Terregies.
Lady Anne resided and owned the Estate and Everingham Hall – the building was sometimes used for small village meetings and the local women’s institute. However, the Estate was sold off in 1980 and in March 1988 was gifted to the village.
The Hall retained its charm and magic and the local villagers are very proud and maintain the grounds, maintenance and meet every month to socialise.
he hall facilities include full AV equipment and this includes;
- DLP HD Projector with 1080P HDMI interface
- Twin radio mikes
- Stereo PA – can be used outside if required
- Blue ray player
- LED party lighting
- Additional AV equipment rental for any occassion – POA
- External Power supplies
- External LED flood lighting
- External seating including gazebo
Single storey brick building, consisting of a main hall, kitchen, ladies toilet and cloakroom and gents toilet. There is a stage across the back of the hall. Outside is a grassed area and parking area. The land was donated to the village by Lowthorpe Estate and the building was erected in 1933
Built 25 years ago, Alexandra hall is a brick building with 1 large room and 2 smaller rooms upstairs.
The hall is run by voluntary committee.
Disabled access to ground floor only.
A large hall built by volunteers in 1957 – 1959 although fundraising started in November 1913.
The large main hall can hold 200 people and has a large well equipped stage that was formerly used by Holme Players when the hall was first built.
It lends itself to conferences, music and wedding reception.
The committee room can hold 60 people and is equipped with a hearing loop and PA system. This is suitable for smaller meetings.
Newly installed kitchen from Howden’s Joinery.
Hallmark 1 was acheived in 2009.
Large playing fields a the back of the hall.
Playing area recently refurbished at the side of the hall.
Social club attached (Membership £2.00 per year)
Scout hall attached with weekly sessions for girls and boys.
Situated central to the village the building consists of 3 rooms, a disabled toilet, ladies and gents toilets at the main entrance. A kitchen area for preparation of food and drinks.
Room 1. Rainbow Rooms – approx. 12m x 6m with a bar area
Room 2. Main Hall – 12m x 18m High ceiling, badmington court marked out
Room 3. Small Hall – 12m x 5m
Car park for 15 cars and disabled areas.
The Victory Hall was originally an old army hut and was given to the community by the Saltmarshe Family in 1919. Over the years it has been modernised and extended, yet it maintains its original features.
The Hall stands on a slope adjoining the main road.
The car park is reached through Patterdale Drive and there are steps down to the Hall.
It has a recently refurbished stripped pine floor.
Thirty-five comfortable chairs have recently been purchased.
It is hoped to improve on the number in due course.
The village hall is over 100 years old. It was built by a local landowner then given to the village in the 1960’s. Over it’s life span it has had many modifications and additions.
It is built of red brick with a slate roof.
The hall consists of a front hall with a wooden floor, fixed stage toilets and a kitchen. The front hall capacity is 180.
There is a rear hall which has a kitchen and toilets separate from the front hall. There is a lobby that joins or separates each hall. There is a children’s play area location at the rear of the hall with a purpose built surface.
There are male and female disabled toilets with disable access in the three of the entrances. There is a small meeting room and a rear office.
in 2008 a five year sustainability project was started to make the hall a warm, safe comfortable environment for community functions.
Energy saving measures have been installed in the form of suspended insulated ceilings, removal of the immersion heaters and fitting source heating. The outside of the hall is being resurfaced and the front main kitchen is being refurbished. the hall is double glazed.
It is the intention of the trustees to ensure that all entrances and exits can be navigated by the disabled.
The next phase of the project is to fit a disables ramp to the front main entrance.
Built before the first world war as the estate hall for the Parkfield Estate. Given in trust to the Parish Council and the North Ferriby Village Hall Trust in 1953.
It is a brick building with off-white rendering and a tiled roof. It briefly comprises a large main hall with stage and beautiful wooden flooring, dance studio, GP surgery, medium sized function room and a small meeting room. Well equipped kitchen.
The Village Hall Trust is a registered charity.
All information with regard to bookings should be obtained from the Caretaker, Paul Taylor
T. 07932882607 E. firstname.lastname@example.org
The current hall was erected in 1939 and has been refurbished several times although currently it is once again in need of some attention. However plans are in hand to demolish the existing building and build a new hall with up to date facilities. Further information regarding progress can be found on ou website at http://www.paullvillagehall.wordpress.com
Was originally a Danish Church in Hull which was moved to Preston in 1956 and used as a church hall. Over time unfortunately the hall required modernisation and was transferred over to the responsibility of the Parish Council. Due to hard work by the community it has been totally refurbished. The refurbished hall was opened on 15th September 2012.
This work has resulted in an increased usage from various sources including dance classes and keep fit.
Sancton Village Hall re-opened in 2012 after a major refurbishment. It is a simple timber-clad building with entrance hall, kitchen and main hall and is fully accessible to wheelchair users. It possesses 5 stars for food hygiene.
Skipsea Village Hall has several amenities to offer anyone who requires a venue for a wedding reception, christening, birthday celebration, meeting or training event.
We have a large (155 square meter) hall with fitted disco lighting and ample area for guests dancing and seating. Outside is a patio area with additional seating and a landscaped pond. A grass area to the rear provides space for the option of a marquee.
Our licensed bar offers a selection of draft and bottled lagers, beers and a selection of wines and spirits at reasonable prices.
We have the ability to hold many events that require a large area such as live music, plays, clubs, group activities and children’s parties.
The Seminar room is a 47 square meter carpeted area which can seat 20+ people comfortably in either a cinema or boardroom style for conferences, public meetings or club events. For presentations a laptop can be connected to the wall mounted 46 inch television/monitor via hdmi cable. A service hatch connecting to the kitchen allows the service of anything from light refreshments to a full sit down meal.
There s a large professional quality kitchen which has been awardeda 5* rating from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. It contains a range cooker, warming oven, griddle, large fridge and freezer, dish washer, microwave and instant boiling water.
There is a very large, well lit car park to the front of the building with serveral spaces for disabled drivers and an access ramp to the building. There is easy access for coaches dropping and picking up guests.
A central village location and built in approximately 1860 as the local school until 1973 when it was purchased as a Village Hall. Refurbished throughout between 2008 -2010, the building now offers excellent facilities to suit all potential users.
The Village Hall comprises a main hall, small hall, a modern fully-equipped kitchen, newly fitted toilets, disabled access and car parking – with additional car parking nearby.
Upstairs there are four newly refurbished offices, 3 of which are rented out to East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Children Centre employees.
In Spring 2011, the facilities were extended by the development of a small outdoor area, accessible from both the main hall and the small hall, which has a number of different uses including the provision of an area for safe outdoor play and a quiet seating area which could also be used for BBQs or social events.
The building is managed by the Skirlaugh Village Hall Committee which is made up of 7 local residents. The Committee is a member of the Holderness Community Building Network.
The Village Hall has a thriving schedule of regular activities and is available to hire for family parties, discos, weddings, community events, consultations and educational activities.
The building is some 50 years old with a high vaulted ceiling in the main hall, a smaller rear hall and a brand new kitchen. There is a spacious car park. We have a stage, theatre and disco lighting with a sound system.
This attractive building overlooking one of the most picturesque views in any village in the East Riding is the outcome of the conversion of the Old School built in 1876
It is a thriving centre of the community hosting a huge range of recreational activities as well as meetings, parties, conferences, wedding receptions, etc.
It has won the hallmark 1 award for the high standard of its administration and management.
Swinefleet village hall is over 100 years old. It was originally built as a Church school then a Church hall before it was sold to the village community. It is now run by a voluntary committee.
At the hall we have W.I meetings, history groups, gun club, indoor curling club, yoga club, tan sudo, weddings, birthdays, funerals, Christenings and numerous meetings.
There is also a Local bolloting hall and a local school.
A traditionally designed single-storey village hall, built in 1948, set in the heart of the village. Car parking at front and rear.
Built by local residents on their return from Active Service, they were assisted by volunteers from the International Voluntary Service for Peace (a movement founded in 1917 by the Swiss Pierre Ceresole [further information on Google]). These young men and women volunteers lived in tents on the adjoining playing field during the summer, returning to their homes in Austria, Norway, Finland, Switzerland and Germany in September 1948.
Precious photographs are kept from those early days. The large Main Hall and working kitchen had “shared use” as a Dining Hall and P.E. Hall with the original Tickton CE Primary School.
Over the last 20 years, improvements include gas fired central heating, double glazing; tarmac on the car park, smaller children’s and disabled toilet facilities. An innovative flexible stage and tiered seating arrangement compliment the excellent sound and lighting equipment for entertainment and fund-raising in the “Tickton Little Theatre”, with regular live professional and amateur productions.
With the assistance from Humber and Wolds Rural Community Council Village Hall advisory Service, the management committee have successfully achieved the “Hallmark “quality standard for Village Halls and other Rural Community Buildings.
An old school, which is stone built with extensions and new renovations to create existing village hall that supports the surrounding communities.
The Village Hall is adjacent to the local playing fField and Tiny Tots play area.
The kitchen is fully fitted with up to date modern equipment e.g; oven, hot plate, fridge/freezer with crockery and cutlery.